A rare opportunity to join a committed staff team with excellent career development opportunities, freedom to be inspirational and make a difference. If you want a teaching job with a positive challenge in a small independent school where pupils are valued as individuals and inspired to learn, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a committed individual with a passion for History. The successful applicant will teach History across KS3 and KS4 and will take over and build on the excellent foundation built by our current teacher. Last year at GCSE 70% of grades in History were A*/A and in 2016 the History department won the 2016 Good Schools Guide Award for Best performance by Girls taking History GCSE at an English Independent School.
Thames is a thriving mainstream school with a two stream entry founded in 2000 for pupils aged 11-16. Its close proximity to Clapham Junction station means that pupils come from a wide catchment area. The school is working with Wandsworth Council and Taylor Wimpey on plans to relocate to a brand new purpose-built premises in September 2020. This will expand the school to a three stream entry with a sixth form and provide excellent career opportunities.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers although this would be an excellent role for an NQT. Thames has an excellent CPD programme and a strong track record of mentoring NQTs. The position could be full time or 0.8 FTE and could be combined with teaching IGCSE Business Studies.
- Teaching History across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Working from existing schemes of learning and also developing new well-differentiated schemes of learning and resources
- Preparing pupils for CIE History IGCSE.
The post is open to an excellent teacher who will:
- Be a graduate with a relevant good honours degree
- Have experience of working in either the private or maintained system
- Have a commitment to embracing challenges and raising pupil attainment
- Be a creative, inventive and dedicated classroom practitioner with a real passion for your subject
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be excited by the school’s vision and respect the school’s values
Thames Christian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the school to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service
Closing Date for Applications: As soon as possible - applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may occur at any stage so we recommend early application.
Full details about the post, application form and information about the school are available at http://www.thameschristianschool.org.uk/information-directory/current-vacancies