Gunnersbury Catholic School is seeking to appoint a highly talented and ambitious Teacher of History at our outstanding school. This post provides the opportunity for an NQT or current educator of History to receive the very best coaching, training and experience within their subject. As a school that has consistently enabled extraordinary outcomes for our students, we are uniquely placed to develop and guide a teacher of History in their career. Applications are welcome from individuals of all religions who will support the Catholic ethos of our school.
Our teachers are integral to Gunnersbury’s success through their provision of superb teaching and its enablement of outstanding achievement. Working under the direction of the Head of History the new teacher shall seek to further the learning experience and outcomes of our students. They should wish to establish a love of History across the key stages whilst enabling fantastic learning for each child.
Above all else we seek to appoint an enthusiastic teacher with a real passion for History, who is committed to the success of their students and is highly motivated to develop the teaching and learning across the department. Potential, dynamism, determination and resolve are key attributes for our new teacher. In particular we are very keen to appoint an individual who wishes to be a leader of History within a few years. Our excellent school and History department will provide the experience, training and guidance to enable this ambition to be fulfilled.
Year on year Gunnersbury Catholic School has developed our staff to become fantastic teachers and leaders. In doing so, from one year to the next, we have enabled unparalleled success for our students. Our school is:
- a Catholic community where care for each other, student ambition, pupil motivation and behaviour are exemplary
- committed to providing quality support, guidance and coaching to develop our staff so that they may progress to the highest levels as teachers and leaders
- One of the top 5 Boys’ Comprehensive Schools in the country for GCSE attainment (DfE performance table 2016)
- an environment that enables achievement of the highest order (89% 5A*-C GCSEs, including English and Maths, in 2016: Progress 8 score of +0.56)
- determined by the Fischer Family Trust as being amongst the top 1% of schools for GCSE achievement
- determined ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (2009)
- a workplace where staff are a friendly, welcoming and helpful team
Applicant packs and application forms are to be found on this (TES) page or may be downloaded from our website www.gunnersbury.com
Completed applications should be posted or emailed to the headteacher’s PA – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 23 March 2017 at 12pm
Applications will be considered immediately upon their receipt
Gunnersbury Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
GUNNERSBURY CATHOLIC SCHOOL
The Ride, Boston Manor Road, Brentford, London, TW8 9LB.
Tel: 020 8568 7281
A Voluntary Aided School
NOR 1180 (including a mixed sixth form)