Teacher of History
Inner London Up to UP3 - (Potential TLR for the right candidate)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Teacher of History; an outstanding or good teacher that will lead by example and support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. There is the potential for a TLR for the right candidate.
We encourage applications from teachers who feel they can add value to an already highly effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Successful candidates must:
· Be an outstanding or good teacher of history who is committed to maximising the achievement of every student
· A passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
· Able to teach across the age and ability range
· Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor
· Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
· Have high expectations of themselves and others
· Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Be flexible and a good team player
· A demanding yet rewarding community school where students and staff feel valued and supported
· Students who are very keen to learn and make rapid progress
· An academy with excellent CPD opportunities and commitment to staff advancement
· A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students.
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11.59pm on Thursday 20th December 2018
Interviews: Will be held at any point during the recruitment process
All applications must be made on the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further details are available from the academy website: www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.