The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding, but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
History is a popular subject at KHS and there has been a significant uptake at GCSE and A level. The successful candidate would be expected to support the growth of the number of students opting for History at GCSE and A level.
- Good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- Up-to-date knowledge of the changes at GCSE and A level and willingness to develop and contribute to new schemes of work
- Ability to assist in the further development of the department and of the curriculum through the use of the VLE
- Ability to teach History from Year 7 through to GCSE and A level, and KS3 Geography desirable but not essential
- Willingness to participate in creative team planning and teaching
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Humanities classrooms are equipped with interactive plasma screens with Apple TV capability
- Willingness to accompany or organise and manage off-site educational visits locally and overseas and to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on 19 February 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview during the week of 26 February 2018.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have.
Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.