Castle Hall is an exciting and popular Academy specialising in Languages in the West Yorkshire town of Mirfield. Our students play an essential and increasing role in our development and we strive to ensure each and every one achieves the best possible outcomes.
We are seeking to appoint a committed and inspiring Teacher of History who will share our belief that the key to raising standards and levels of engagement is through high quality teaching and learning.
In November 2016, an Ofsted inspection judged that Castle Hall required Special Measures. Upon visiting, we strongly believe that candidates will agree this doesn’t look or feel like an inadequate school, and we want to show everybody that it isn’t.
We do require an individual who will share our ambition to drive forward rapid improvement.
The successful candidate will receive full support from a motivated and driven team of colleagues and leaders. As a school we will ensure this journey is one that will be tackled with efficiency and determination and with a focus on students’ progress and welfare being placed at the core of our actions.
Castle Hall Academy is a supportive school that recognises the talents of their staff. We believe that staff should be offered excellent career progression prospects and the opportunity to work in a school that cares about both staff and student development.
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Has a proven track record of successful teaching at KS3 and KS4 – through employment or teacher training
- Will plan and deliver successful, interesting and stimulating lessons and set appropriate and challenging work for all students
- Is committed to team work at all levels
- Has excellent subject knowledge and knowledge of current initiatives in History
- The opportunity to teach in a supportive and caring school
- A highly skilled, committed, and supportive team
- A full CPD programme in order for you to reach your career goals and full potential
- Confident, happy and motivated students who are eager to learn and enjoy school
To have an informal, confidential discussion and to find out how to apply, please contact Kate Murphy at Hays Education on 0113 200 3710 or at Kate.Murphy@hays.com.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. These can be organised by contacting Kate Murphy at Hays Education.
The closing date for all applications is: 9:00am on Wednesday 24th May.
Interviews will take place on Friday 26th May.
We welcome applications from teachers who are ambitious to take a lead in raising achievement and transforming students’ learning experience. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to enhanced disclosure.