Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read the outcome of our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Report and a welcome message from our Head of School here: Head's Welcome
The school is part of the Community Schools Alliance Trust - a small MAT with one secondary school, one primary school and another due to open in September 2020. The Trust’s common vision is to improve every learner’s life chances.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities. We are also mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives so are happy to consider part-time applications.
We are seeking to appoint a skilled, ambitious and innovative teacher to join a successful and progressive Humanities Faculty primarily teaching History but with a willingness to teach more than one subject. We are a strong team which values working with young people and promoting students’ lasting enthusiasm for History. We would welcome a team player who is keen to work and plan collaboratively and contribute to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas. The faculty has strong links to the East Oxford Classics Centre and the two universities in the Oxford.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- have the determination to provide high quality classroom teaching;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate colleagues and students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact David Twycross, Head of Humanities, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
Please email your completed application form to: email@example.com
Closing date: 8am, Wednesday 20 November 2019
Interview: Wednesday 27 November 2019
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.