The Cooper School is currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and passionate Teacher of History to join our highly successful History department from September 2020. We are seeking applicants with a strong subject knowledge who have the ability to inspire students to achieve their full potential. They will share the academy’s vision that all children can succeed and be reflective practitioners that contribute to a high performing team.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues;
- an innovative and supportive working environment;
- caring, well behaved and motivated students;
- a genuinely happy and friendly academy community;
- a commitment to Continual Professional Learning and Development;
- strong links with and support from the wider academy;
- an energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued;
- the opportunity to use Google’s GSuite for Education.
For an informal discussion of the post please contact Miss Grainne O’Hanlon, Acting Head of Department on 01869 242121.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Human Resources to make arrangements by telephone on 01869 362697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 9th March 2020, 9am
Bernwode Schools Trust have the right to interview and appoint at any time throughout this recruitment process. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Applicants from outside the EU will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK.
Bernwode Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding children. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (formerly CRB) in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Details of the Academy’s policies relating to the Employment of Ex-Offenders and the Secure Storage, Handling, Use, Retention and Disposal of Disclosure and Barring Certificates and Disclosure information are included within the recruitment pack.