An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen at Derby High School for an enthusiastic, innovative and creative teacher of History. The successful candidate will have the potential to deliver outstanding History classes throughout the 11 to 18 age range. The role is part time (0.5/0.6) for September 2021. However for candidates who can offer a second subject, such as English, this could become a full time role. This post would be suitable for either an experienced teacher or a newly qualified teacher seeking to develop their career. The successful applicant will also be expected to make a positive contribution to the co-curricular life of the school.
You will be
• an inspirational History teacher, who believes in high aspirations for all students
• passionate about innovative learning and teaching
• a dynamic, forward-thinking individual
• committed to student success
• highly organised
In return we can offer you:
• a positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
• a collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity
• a Senior Leadership team who is committed to promoting the best environment and outcomes for staff and students
• an excellent CPD Programme
• membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme
Derby High is an independent day school situated on the outskirts of the city of Derby. Our friendly, happy Primary School takes girls and boys aged between 3 and 11, whilst our busy, ambitious Senior School, previously girls only, became co-educational in September 2019 with boys joining Years 7 and 12. We are now making the exciting move to being fully coeducational throughout the school. Our Sixth Form welcomes both Derby High students and those who have completed their GCSE studies elsewhere.
Our academic record is particularly strong, with 92% of our 2020 A level entries being graded A*-B, and 73% of GCSE grades being awarded 7-9; this places Derby High significantly ahead of all local schools in both A level and GCSEs.
The school has rigorous child protection procedures in place and the person appointed will be asked to supply information confirming identity and qualifications and will be subject to an enhanced DBS/Section 128 checks.
For an application pack please visit our website:
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Thursday, 25th February 2021
Interviews: Week beginning: 8th March 2021
Derby High School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Derby High School is an independent day school educating students between the ages of 3 to 18, in our purpose-built buildings in the leafy suburb of Littleover in Derby. Our Primary School (a member of IAPS) teaches both boys and girls, whilst our Se...