Required for January 2020 or Easter 2020
Middleton Technology School is one of 3 secondary schools serving the town of Middleton within the Borough of Rochdale to the north of the Manchester boundary. The school is a highly successful mixed 11 - 16 secondary school with an excellent reputation locally and nationally.
Our Mission is simple, yet clear: “In Pursuit of Excellence”. This runs through everything we do. Our staff and Governors are very proud of our achievements and we have an outstanding team ethos and a ‘can do’ attitude, which lead to sustained high achievement and excellence for all. We are committed to teamwork and have a unity of purpose in our school to improve teaching and learning for our students. We have together created a school culture wherein success is celebrated and high achievement is the norm for all.
Due to the expansion of our school we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and hardworking colleague to join our highly successful Humanities Department. The successful candidate will deliver History across KS3 and KS4. We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
• A highly skilled, committed, and supportive team
• A full CPD programme in order for you to reach your career goals and full potential
• Confident, happy and motivated students who are eager to learn and enjoy school
• First class facilities in a modern building
We are looking for a colleague who has:
• The ability to plan and deliver successful, interesting and stimulating lessons at KS3 and KS4
• The ability to set appropriate and challenging work for all students
• The ability to build good relationships with all students
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring and background check.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and service users and provide advice in accurate spoken English is an essential requirement of this post.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an individual to develop in a highly successful school which will enable them to fulfil exciting career goals.
The closing date for all completed applications Monday, 9 December 2019 @ 8.00am
All completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org