Please be aware the closing date may be reviewed, dependent on the number of applications received.
Applicants are welcome from both NQT’s and experienced staff. The successful candidate’s ability to also teach A level History and Politics would be advantageous.
This is an exciting time to be working at Coundon Court. We are proud of our students, our staff and our community.
Our 11 Statements of Intent below underpin everything we do at Coundon Court:
1. Our curriculum is broad, balanced and challenging for all.
2. Our curriculum plans expertly sequence student learning.
3. Structured, timely and purposeful interventions secure full curriculum access.
4. Sustained reading, oracy and reading opportunities exist across all subject areas.
5. We raise the aspirations of our students to believe they can exceed expectation.
6. Leadership at all levels is courageous.
7. Our staff and students are committed to personal and professional development.
8. Students are set and have high expectations for behaviour and have pride in their work.
9. Everyone in school has a champion – our tutors ensure no one is left behind.
10. Our personal development programme is wide and responsive.
11. Enrichment and reward opportunities are extensive.
They challenge our students and staff to be the best that they can be. They are the foundations of our three year priorities - we are currently in our second year of this journey. We are constantly reviewing our provision and are dynamic, reflective and responsive to all of our students’ need. We have an outstanding body of staff who are committed Coundon Colleagues. We all feel the same collective responsibility in preparing every student to become an outward facing citizen who contributes positively to society.
Your growth as a teacher is fundamentally important to our journey as a school. From whatever starting point, we will challenge and nurture your professional growth.
It is an exciting time for a dynamic and innovative practitioner to make their mark. We can promise a demanding but ultimately rewarding experience as we move forward towards an “outstanding” future.
• The school is massively oversubscribed and comfortably fills its admission number of 345 places in Year Seven. Parents and students therefore have a massive investment in the school.
• The Coundon Sixth Form numbers 220 plus students and delivers A Level and Vocational provision. A Level teaching is widely distributed amongst the staff. All our students go onto positive destinations.
• We have a significant, core CPD programme based around cross subject learning teams that is challenging and extending the staff skills base. Our NQT and School Direct programme is also highly successful in securing qualification and progression into jobs at Coundon Court.
We would encourage all applicants to read our School Development Plan that highlights our short and medium term priorities and please visit our website: www.coundoncourt.org. If you have any queries or questions or need to obtain further details, please contact Mrs Linda Phillips on 024 7633 5121 or email email@example.com.
To apply for this position please complete and email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also need to respond to the following question, on no more than two sides of A4, font size 11:
“How will you use your subject knowledge, pedagogical expertise and wider experiences to become a successful teacher of History at Coundon Court”
Coundon Court is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful application will be required to apply for an enhance DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: Friday 16th April 2021 (Midday)
Start Date: September 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years