Job Title: Teacher of Humanities (Geography, History and Travel and Tourism)
Start Date: April 2020 (September 2020 start date may be negotiable for the right candidate)
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Humanities who is dedicated and keen to join our hard working, approachable and supportive Humanities team. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations and they should possess the imagination, energy and skill to help craft their curriculum. They will have the ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils alike and possess the necessary drive and determination to further improve an already successful department.
Reddish Vale High School has recently become part of South Manchester Learning Trust, forming a partnership with Altrincham College of Arts. The vision for the trust is to build a local, high achieving schools and college network to benefit communities across the South Manchester region. The core values of the trust are based on respect; moral purpose; positivity; care for others; inclusivity and strength through partnership. Expressed simply, the trust is committed to personal growth and academic excellence for all students.
We are looking to appoint an excellent practitioner who is a passionate and dynamic teacher of Humanities with the ability to teach across the age and ability range at both Key Stage 3 and 4, in Geography, History and Travel and Tourism. The successful candidate will be joining a well-resourced and highly successful Humanities department and should have the ability, drive and commitment to maintain and improve an already successful department. You should have:
• A real passion for teaching and learning in Humanities
• The ability to inspire, challenge and motivate pupils along with the ability to manage behaviour
• Evidence of real measurable impact as a teacher (n/a for NQT’s)
• A willingness to contribute to the school and multi academy trust at all levels
• A willingness to be supportive of the Humanities Department drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential.
We can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and hugely talented whole staff team
• A school with an exciting future and history of continuous improvement
• Outstanding and supportive leadership at all levels
• An inclusive learning ethos
• An opportunity to be at the heart of a new, emerging multi academy trust.
Applications from NQT’s are welcome.
If you feel you have the skills and drive to add to the Humanities team and school as a whole please apply using the channels below. Visits to the school are welcomed. Please visit our website for further information www.reddish.stockport.sch.uk. Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the post title and your name in the subject line. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 8am Tuesday 21st January 2020
Interview date: w/c 27th January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.