Salary: Main Scale (with potential for pastoral responsibility)
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015
Outstanding Teacher wanted for an exceptional school! The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
We are currently recruiting for a Teacher of Humanities (Geography Specialism) at The Petchey Academy has a high profile with an established team of three specialist teachers. Our uptake at KS4 has increased by over 300% over the last 3 years due to constant innovation in our KS3 curriculum and engaging lessons across all year groups
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- You will be an excellent, enthusiastic and experienced classroom practitioner with the ability to teach across all Key Stages
- The ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
- The ability to enthuse students with a love of Geography
- The desire to work collaboratively as part of a team,
- Excellent classroom management skills, organisational and ICT skills.
- Be able to inspire students to learn and achieve and a have a strong commitment to the highest of standards.
- Be keen to drive the development of related extra-curricular activities and partnerships.
- Enjoy working in a challenging but highly rewarding environment and be flexible in response to the day-today requirements of a large, busy academy
- Excellent classroom management skills
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a growing Academy in the centre of Hackneys thriving community
- Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
- Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy
- An excellent benefits package
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
A Section 128 check will be carried out on individuals applying for any role that retains or has been delegated any management responsibilities under the terms of a direction made by the Secretary of State for Education.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUALITY
The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued.
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.