Teacher of Humanities History, Geography & English
We have a great opportunity for a self-motivated Teacher of Humanities to join our wonderful teaching team. The Chalk Hills Academy are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. Our academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include a brand new gym with new equipment opened 2019 which staff are welcome to use after school hours and a brand new Sixth Form block opened in September 2019.
We are looking for a teacher who wants to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the Humanities Department. We are on a really exciting journey of growth and development and we are open to incorporating fresh ideas from new staff members. We welcome applications from NQTs who are embarking on starting their teaching career and from more experienced colleagues.
It’s incredibly important to us here at The Chalk Hills Academy that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
· Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences to all students.
· Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
· To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
· To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
The successful candidate will
· NQTs are welcome.
· Resilience, adaptability and a can-do attitude.
· Options to teach History and Geography as well as the ability to deliver some KS3 English would be advantageous.
· A commitment to inclusive education support from a hard-working team.
· Good behaviour management skills and a sound knowledge of the Humanities curriculum at KS3 and KS4.
· The ability to work as part of a team and undertake pastoral duties as a form tutor will be a key requirement.
Start date September 2021
Salary MPS/UPS £25,714 - £41,604 (dependent of experience)
Job Role Full time, Permanent
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
The Chalk Hills Academy
Luton, by Stockwood Park Golf Course and Luton Rugby Club
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years