Teacher of Humanities (full-time or part-time)
Required for September 2019
Do you want to be part of our highly innovative, driven and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success?
If so, why not come and visit our school and see what we have to offer?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, inspirational and highly motivated professional to join our Humanities Faculty at one of the highest achieving schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. We are currently offering a number of roles at our school due to our increased popularity, recent successes and a demand to increase our intake for September 2019. This position would suit a professional in any stage of their teaching career, including newly qualified teachers. This position is particularly suitable for professionals who would like to teach Geography, Citizenship, Psychology or a combination of Humanities subjects. Applications for part-time positions will also be considered (3 or 4 days).
Our Humanities team is committed to delivering high quality learning and teaching provision and offering tailored enrichment experiences, thereby raising standards and giving students exceptional life chances. We are seeking professionals who will contribute significantly to our continued drive and commitment to improving outcomes even further in Humanities.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a dynamic and innovative practitioner with a passion for learning and teaching and a desire to ensure that the quality of learning is great.
- Be an aspirational teacher with a desire to achieve the very best outcomes for our students.
- Have excellent knowledge of a Humanities subject to GCSE level and able to teach more than one Humanities subject to Key Stage 3.
- Be willing to contribute to learning and teaching developments in Humanities.
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students.
- Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
- Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our success and drive in helping students achieve their full potential in Religious Studies – 88% grade 4 or above; Geography - 49% grade 4 or above; Psychology - 50% grade 4 or above. We are committed to improving these outcomes further so that they are well above national averages.
- Having well-resourced Humanities classrooms and equipment.
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally.
- Strong professional mentor support and subject development for professionals embarking on their teaching career.
- Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, an Ipad or laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
- Additional non-contact time for teachers in their second year of teaching to further develop learning and teaching.
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st May 2019 at 12pm
Interview date: Thursday 23rd May 2019