Hans Price Academy is a forward-thinking Academy based in Weston-super-Mare, providing education to 600 students at KS3/KS4. Our children are excited to learn and are real ambassadors for our diverse community who benefit from a hugely positive and supporting learning environment.
We are part of the Cabot Learning Federation (CLF) - the largest non-diocesan academy group in the South West and one of only 30 National Maths Hubs in the country. CLF currently sponsors 16 academies, including secondaries, primaries and a studio school catering for students aged 14 to 19.
We are looking to appoint an ambitious, dynamic Humanities Teacher to deliver the curriculum across KS3 and KS4. You will be passionate about teaching and learning and deliver outstanding lessons for students that will engage and challenge them. In addition to this, we will look to you to support other members of the department in all areas.
In this role, you will:
- take responsibility for the learning of allocated groups of students - planning, delivering, facilitating and assessing their learning;
- work with the Team Leader and team colleagues as needed to support other colleagues through developing learning resources within the team area.
To be successful, you will be:
- a qualified teacher;
- highly committed professional with a high level of emotional intelligence;
- keen to create something unique and move beyond expectations in learning for life;
- able to deliver an outstanding student experience and results;
- an excellent communicator;
- innovative, creative and flexible in your approach to achieve the best results.
In return, you'll be rewarded with excellent progression opportunities and a supportive team of colleagues. The CLF will provide you with a hugely positive and supporting learning environment; and the opportunity to participate in both Academy and pan-federation professional development from a wide network of high quality education professionals.
Closing date: Noon on 21st June 2017
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive pre employment checking process including references from current and previous employers, health and right to work in the UK. The checks will also include an enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
Please note that if you have not had a response within two weeks of the advert closing date then you can assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.