This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a significant redevelopment of the KS5 experience for our pupils as we begin to teach the IB Diploma Programme for the first time in September 2022. If you are passionate about creating independent, internationally minded and curious linguists, teaching mixed attainment groups and want to work in a high-performing school with the best external exam results in the Inspired group of over 70 schools, then we would love to hear from you! Although all our teachers are expected to teach in KS3 and KS4 the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of teaching their subject to IB Diploma or A level. This position IS SUITABLE for NQT/ECTs.
Ideally, the successful candidate will:
- be an inspiring, creative and passionate teacher whose practice is rooted in Quality First Teaching and will share our belief in the importance of supporting and developing the whole child.
- have a belief in Inspired’s approach to education where academic performance, sporting opportunities and creative arts are given equal status throughout the child’s school experience.
- have experience of successfully teaching Spanish to Advanced level and will be able to demonstrate the value they have added to the outcomes of pupils under their care. Experience of teaching IBDP is an advantage, as is the ability to teach Lengua, Ciencias Sociales or another spanish language subject to Selectividad Level..
- be excited to also teach within KS3 and KS4.
- be a firm believer in mixed attainment groupings and the importance of stretch and challenge for all learners.
- be excited by the prospect of working for a school judged under the BSO framework to be “outstanding in all areas” and explain what they can bring to that environment.
- be committed to working collaboratively with pupils, parents and peers to achieve the best pupil outcomes possible.
- be able to adapt teaching methods to support and drive the progress of pupils whose first language may not be English.
- be a dedicated team player, with a “can-do” attitude who contributes positively to the general working environment and possesses an eagerness to contribute to the wider life of the school including enrichment and extracurricular activities.
- be a reflective practitioner with a keen interest in their own personal and professional development and possess an enthusiasm for participating in CPD and peer learning opportunities.
- be fluent in English and demonstrate highly articulate spoken, written & technical language.
- share our strong pastoral ethos and be able to demonstrate a commitment to pastoral care and the crucial role all staff play in developing the “whole” child.
- support the King’s Group Digital Learning programme by being a Google Certified Educator, or be willing to become one within the first twelve months of employment.
“Inspiring Academic Excellence Across 5 Continents”
A definitive statement of excellence in private education, Inspired is a co-educational, non- denominational, independent school group designed to inspire students to achieve their maximum potential in a nurturing, progressive academic environment from ages 3 months to 18 yrs.
For more information about us, please visit Inspired Schools - Premium Private Education (inspirededu.com)
King’s College Alicante, Secondary School
King’s College Alicante was founded almost twenty years ago and quickly became the most sought after and successful school in the area. As part of the King’s Group of schools, founded by Sir Roger Fry, in Madrid in 1969, King’s College Alicante offers a flourishing, friendly and rewarding school community, a committed and passionate leadership and teaching team and the support and benefits being part of a family-owned group inevitably brings.
The School in Brief
- 1100 pupils aged from 18 months to 18 years
- Four form entry throughout the Secondary School
- Modern, purpose-built premises are just minutes by car from the centre of Alicante and only 10 minutes from the airport. New extension will be opened in January 2022.
- Newly refurbished and extended science laboratories with experienced lab technician
- Outstanding (I)GCSE and A Level results, well above UK national averages and in the top 200 UK schools. Best performing Inspired school in external exams in summer 2021.
- Member of AOBSO, ISC and NABSS
- Achieved ´Excellent in Every Category´ rating from PENTA (2019)
- Excellent CPD provision and potential for career development and advancement.
HOW TO APPLY
Please follow the TES link to put forward your application to join our School. For safer recruitment purposes we can only accept applications on the official school application form. Please also attach a supporting statement clearly outlining why you are interested in our school and the specific vacancy. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th December 2021 at 9am (Spain time).
First-round telephone or online interviews will take place on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the Inspired Recruitment Event in January 2022 - further details are provided below.
THE INSPIRED RECRUITMENT EVENT IN JANUARY 2022
Because we take so much care in selecting great teachers to join us, and we know that often decisions to join a school or potentially move countries should be done with proper consideration, we will be looking to invite any UK-based candidate who applies and is shortlisted to a recruitment event, hosted in our London School, Fulham.
This event will take place over the 08th and 09th January 2022 and will be hosted by a number of our top international Headteachers and Principals.
Applicants who attend are expected to bring along official identification to the event.
Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and if successful you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles and values of our organization.
Any successful applications will also be required to undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessments
Equal Opportunities Statement
Inspired Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Inspired makes hiring decisions based solely the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence.
King’s Group is an international education organisation. We own and operate a network of private British international schools and UK Academies, and complement this with services providing children’s Academic Year Abroad programmes and S...