Thank you for your interest in the position of Teacher of ICT and Business Studies at Dean Trust Rose Bridge, Holt Street, Wigan, WN1 3HD.
If you would like to learn more about The Dean Trust, please visit www.thedeantrust.co.uk
Method of Application
The preferred method of application is electronically via email to LucyAnderson@deantrustrosebridge.co.uk All applications must be made using the Dean Trust’s application form. Applications will be shortlisted for interview and I will contact those applicants who are selected.
Applications received after the closing time of 12pm on Wednesday 11th December 2019 will not be considered.
The Dean Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
If you have any questions please contact us on 01942 510 712 or email LucyAnderson@deantrustrosebridge.co.uk. Thank you again for your interest in working for The Dean Trust, we look forward to hearing from you.
Miss L Anderson
Job title - Teacher of ICT and Business Studies
Reporting to - Faculty Leader of Technology and Art
Main purpose of job - The post holder will be expected to teach IT and Business Studies across the full age and ability range.
• To plan their teaching to achieve progression in pupils’ learning
• To set high expectations for pupils’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and through the development of positive and productive relationships
• To use a variety of teaching methods, including ICT, which sustain the momentum of pupils’ work and keep all pupils engaged
• To make effective use of assessment information to inform planning and maximise learner progress
• To mark and monitor pupils’ classwork and homework (keeping accurate records), providing constructive oral and written feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise pupils’ progress
• To develop, evaluate and update schemes of work across all Key Stages
• To be familiar with the statutory assessment and reporting requirements and know how to prepare and present information reports to parents
• To be familiar with the Code of Practice on the identification and assessment of Special Educational Needs and as part of their responsibilities implement and keep records of Individual Education Plans for pupils when required
• To evaluate their own teaching critically and to use this to improve their effectiveness
• To attend and contribute fully to meetings and progress evenings as required
• To contribute to activities identified in the Faculty Improvement Plan
• To carry out the role and responsibilities of a form tutor
All employees have the responsibility to:
• Ensure any documentation produced is to a high standard and is in line with the brand style
• Be aware and comply with all policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to the appropriate person
• Participate in training and other learning activities as required
• Participate in the school/academy Performance Management process
• Provide appropriate guidance and supervision and assist in the training and development of staff as appropriate
• To promote the area of responsibility within the school/academy and beyond
• To represent the school/academy at events as appropriate
• To support and promote the school/academy ethos
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required that are covered by the general scope of the post
• To undertake any other reasonable duties at the request of the Chief Executive Officer and Headteacher
All post holders must comply with The Dean Trust professional standards for leaders and managers. The job description will be reviewed as necessary as part of the Performance Management process and is subject to modification and amendment at any time after consultation with the post holder
Should the successful applicant be a Newly Qualified Teacher, the appointment, in the first instance, would be for a period of 1 year with a review on successful completion of NQT year.
Education and qualifications
• Honours Degree
• Qualified teacher status
• Good Honours Degree (2:1)
• Second subject qualifications
• Enthusiastic and excellent classroom practitioner, to be able to teach ICT up to GCSE standard
• Full working knowledge of the National Curriculum requirements for specified subject
• To be able to work as a member of a team
• To be committed to ensuring that every pupil is given the opportunity to achieve their potential and meet the high expectations set for them
• Take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in both their subject and teaching methodology
• To be able to assist in the planning and organisation of school trips/visits
• Commitment to providing subject enhancement opportunity through the extended curriculum
• Confidence in using ICT to aid pupils’ learning
• To be able to work effectively with pupils, staff, parents and members of the community
• To be able to work with/develop our business partner links in enhancing provision for learning