George Spencer Academy
An outstanding, World Class School with a national reputation for providing high quality education.
George Spencer Academy is an inspirational place with a true sense of belonging to something special. We are a warm, friendly and vibrant school that is built on an ‘Ethos of Excellence’. We have high expectations for all and a belief that every child will be successful both academically and as lifelong learners. As a values driven school our students and staff create a community that we are extremely proud of. We believe in investing in our staff and we offer excellent career, training and professional development opportunities.
Our strong core values have led to a school where:
- We believe the power of education shapes children’s lives.
- Students are polite, honest, respectful and resilient.
- Academic challenge is interwoven with the support we provide for each individual.
- Standards are high with positive behaviour and active engagement in learning being the norm.
- Staff and students have built strong relationships as we strive to be the best we can be.
Teacher of ICT / Computer Science
(with Faculty TLR for the right candidate)
September 2021 start
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to teach ICT / Computer Science at Key Stage 3 and 4 within an outstanding, forward thinking and innovative school environment. There are also opportunities to teach Key Stage 5 Computer Science for a candidate with the appropriate subject knowledge. This permanent post is suitable for newly qualified or more experienced teachers.
Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor, which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. We have a successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning which ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. The Trust mission statement reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 20 schools (8 Secondary and 11 Primary and 1 Special) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire:
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have demonstrable evidence of driving teaching and learning outcomes in the secondary phase.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Mr Kris Hartley - email@example.com
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview.
Closing date for applications – Monday 8 March 2021 at 8 am
Interviews will take on Friday 12 March 2021
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
George Spencer Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years