The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school and being part of the team.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced full-time teacher of Computer Science and ICT. Applicants should have excellent subject knowledge and experience of working with highly motivated students. The Computer Science and ICT department is committed to providing an inspiring and challenging education to all students from KS3 to KS5. The department invites applications from progressive and dynamic teachers, who are willing to learn and introduce new technologies in the classroom.
ICT and Computer Science are popular subjects at GCSE where we offer the CIE ICT and Computer Science courses. At A-Level, we currently only offer the CIE Computer Science. In key stage 3 we follow the Computer Science curriculum for England and Wales. There is currently a team of 3 full time staff teaching Computer Science and ICT, which is part of the Maths and Computer Science curriculum area.
The successful candidate will:
· be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
· very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
· put students at the heart of the education process;
· fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
· commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
· be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
· believe in the values of internationalism and interculturalism in an educational context;
· have excellent subject knowledge;
· have good knowledge of the Computer Science curriculum for England and Wales;
· be passionate and creative;
· be able to teach programming;
· be able to deliver HTML5 and CSS;
· be prepared to learn and introduce new technologies in the classroom.
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/1009
and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines;
Closing date for all applications: Friday 21st April 2018 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa