British International School of Stockholm -Ekeby Site
The British International School of Stockholm seeks to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Computing, during a very exciting phase of its development. Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of ICT to the highest standards, for all pupils from Year 5 to Year 11 (IGCSE) and above. Experience using Google as an educational platform would be an advantage as would the ability to offer Business Studies at IGCSE.
The successful applicants for the teaching post will:
- Be a fully qualified teacher (UK BEd or PGCE with relevant degree, or hold the equivalent recognised teaching qualifications from other countries)
- Have recent experience in an overseas or UK secondary school
- Be a fluent English speaker ?
- Be eligible to live and work in Sweden (have EU citizenship)
About the school:
Situated in Djursholm, a beautiful suburb of Stockholm, and enjoying an excellent reputation, BISS is a vibrant and highly successful school of over 450 children from 40 different countries. Meeting internationally recognised standards of excellence, the school is an accredited member of COBIS (the Council of British International Schools) and received an excellent BSO inspection report.
BISS uses objectives from Cambridge Secondary and English National Curriculum for Key stage 3, and Cambridge IGCSE courses for Years 10 and 11. We are aiming to begin the IB Diploma from August 2019/20.
We offer you:
- A wonderful country and school in which to work
- Students from a rich range of backgrounds who are motivated and have a love of learning
- Passionate, committed and welcoming staff; outstanding teaching professionals,
- Supportive and aspirational parents
- Excellent professional development opportunities
If you are internationally-minded, and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.
To apply: Please email your CV, including details of two professional referees, and a letter of application detailing your experience and personal educational ethos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25th May, though early applications are encouraged as Skype interviews will be scheduled immediately for suitable candidates
For further information and questions about the school, or to arrange a visit, please view our website http://www.bisstockhom.se or contact us at email@example.com
BISS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a relevant police check and must be willing to undergo child protection training appropriate to the post.