The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Starting the 1st of August 2019, we have a job opening for a:
Teacher of ICT (1.0FTE)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons), or equivalent, in the subject of ICT
- Fully qualified teacher status for Secondary Education in the country the qualification obtained, and in the subject of ICT (for UK/Ireland/Scotland: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed - or are exempted from - the statutory induction period)
- Fluent in English (for non-native speakers: C2 level)
- Experience in teaching the age group of 11-18
- Experience with meeting the individual needs of the students
- Experience in working with EAL students
- Experience in international / intercultural education
- Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
- Experience in teaching ICT to EB, IB or GCE A levels
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
- Willingness to learn Dutch
- Willingness to settle in or near the vicinity of The Hague
- Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement for secondary education (CAO VO) on the relevant pay scale. The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and experience.
- A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one. A permanent contract is subject to the successful completion of the probationary period and the recognition of teaching qualifications by the Dutch Authorities.
- An attractive relocation package with HR assistance
- Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants are required to complete our job application form, and upload a CV and supporting statement to their application. Incomplete applications may not be considered. Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School The Hague. Deadline for applications: 26 May, 2019.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview commencing week 23, 2019. The interview will either be in-person or via Skype, depending on the applicant’s location.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl.
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
For questions and/or further information, please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com.