Teacher of ICT (SEMH).
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive SEN school, based in Knossington, Leicestershire. The school is looking to add a Teacher of ICT to its progressive and supportive ICT Department ideally starting ASAP.
The role will include teaching and coordinating the delivery of ICT at KS3 and GCSE. You will support the Head of Computing and ICT to enhance provision and will get the chance to get involved with exciting project work throughout the year. Project work will include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. You’ll also lead by example, supporting learners to achieve to the best of their ability and you’ll enjoy that great feeling when your learners achieve grades beyond their dreams.
“In its stunning country setting the school day and 38 week residential school offers a holistic therapeutic approach in its teaching and environment. Small class sizes and an onsite therapy team help pupils re-engage in education through traditional learning opportunities alongside numerous off site vocational options and accredited activities which develop the boys’ confidence & social skills, improving their potential to move on to meaningful adult life. The individual curriculum is extended to well resourced primary classes where pupils are also encouraged through a nurturing approach in lessons and during play activities. Primary and secondary schools are just a short walk from each other and set close to the two small and homely boarding houses which offer outstanding wraparound care for the school’s weekly boarders."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQML and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as TLR or Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Computer Science / Computing / ICT Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering ICT at least at GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1499713 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1499713 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...