Star International School Mirdif is a bespoke British Curriculum School situated in the Mirdif Community of Dubai offering EYFS, Primary and Secondary Education. We are looking to appoint a Secondary Inclusion Teacher who has the enthusiasm, commitment and energy needed to work in a rapidly growing and improving school. The role would be from August 2021.
Due to the continued expansion of the school, we require a number of Primary and Secondary Teachers to join our family at Star International School Mirdif.
- Alongside the day to day responsibilities of being a full-time inclusion teacher you would be required to:
- Play a leading role in cultivating a school ethos founded on our 3 Pillars; Learning for Self, Learning for Change, Learning for All
- Contribute to the development and provision of the highest quality of education at Star International School Mirdif
- Make sure that young people of all abilities and backgrounds fulfil their potential
- Promote a positive ethos across the school based on the school vision/values and a commitment to ensuring the wellbeing of students, staff and the wider school community
At Star International School we offer:
- Children who are well motivated and have a superb attitude to learning;
- A fabulous staff team, a highly supportive group of parents and governors, who together, create a strong school community
- A great environment for learning with excellent resources and facilities.
- Appropriate research-led working practices and a keen focus on staff well-being
- An Innovative risk-taking attitude to teaching and learning with trust placed in our teachers
- A growing school community with a wide range of opportunities for professional growth and development
Qualifications & Experience
- A relevant teaching qualification and qualified in Special Education
- Excellent working knowledge of the latest UK practice and the new National Curriculum of England
- Experience of teaching in a British school either internationally or the UK
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- Familiarity with the national curriculum for England
- Availability to start August 2021
- 2 years of experience as Secondary Inclusion Teacher
- Experience of upper KS2 teaching
- Currently located in the UAE with visa
Terms & Conditions
- Contracts are for two years in the first instance and include:
- Tax-free salary
- Accommodation or allowance
- Free schooling for the first child and 50% discount for a second child
- Medical insurance
- Flight allowance
- End of service gratuity
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Principal’s PA on 04 288 4644 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
Early applications are highly recommended for this role, and the school reserves the right to make early appointments prior to the deadline.
Interviews will take place remotely via Zoom from the 23rd January with the school reserving the right to appoint early if a suitable candidate is found.
Dubai based candidates are also welcome to visit the school and take the interview in person under strict covid protocols.
Please clearly indicate the Post for which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Star International School Mirdif
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 14 years