Our staff are our most valued asset. As a National Teaching School ALL our staff have access to a wealth of support provided by outstanding practitioners.
An enthusiastic, dynamic and creative teacher of IT and Computer Science is required for September 2018 to join an ambitious and progressive department. Applications are welcome from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
This is an opportunity for an experienced teacher to join an outstanding department that wants to achieve more or for an NQT to take their first steps in teaching as part of a supportive and sociable team.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
- Working in a subject area with outstanding outcomes (students achieved 96% A*-C, 43% A*- A in GCSE Computing, 52% A*-A in GCSE ICT and 67% A*-B in A level Computer Science in 2017).
- Teaching in a forward thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who love their subject.
- The opportunity to develop and deliver examination courses up to and including A level.
Tudor Grange Academy is a designated National Teaching School which means all our staff have access to excellent opportunities to flourish, develop and facilitate courses for other professionals. Tudor Grange Academy is an outstanding 11-18 comprehensive school situated in South Solihull in the West Midlands. Our results place the Academy in the top 5 of non-selective schools in the country and reinforces our reason for expanding and therefore offering some fantastic opportunities. In 2017 our Progress 8 score was +0.5 and our Attainment 8 was 58.9.
If you join us, you will benefit from:
- Teaching pupils who are well motivated, the school enjoys strong parental support
- An excellent induction programme
- Working in a Trust with structured professional development opportunities
- A real chance to develop in a forward thinking, highly successful academy
- Developing yourself in our ‘can do’ culture and positive ‘want to’ climate
As part of the Tudor Grange Academies Trust we offer first-class career opportunities within our diverse portfolio of schools and excellent CPD. You will work alongside people who are passionate about what they do, who want to make a positive difference to children’s lives, and can help us stretch and support children to achieve beyond expectation.
What We Can Offer You
We actively place staff wellbeing at the centre of everything we do. Our staff are our single biggest asset, and the success of our students depends on them. So we take care of, and invest in them, properly! A few of the things we offer are:
- A comprehensive CPD programme for all staff whether they are NQT, RQT or aspiring leaders.
- Free school meals for just two 25 minute lunch duties per fortnight
- A supportive, open and approachable management team •Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other
- Free staff activities including: fitness classes and sports clubs
- Free tea, coffee and biscuits
- On-site parking for staff
- The Academy participates in the childcare voucher scheme
- The Academy participates in the cycle to work schemeInformal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Shortlisting: Monday 21st May 2018
Interviews: Thursday 24th May 2018
Please click on the Apply Now button to download the application form.
Completed applications must be returned to Mrs Kathryn Smith at the Academy by 9am on the closing date either via email to email@example.com or to Tudor Grange Academy Solihull, Dingle Lane, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 3PD.
For further details please visit https://www.solihull.tgacademy.org.uk/
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.