Aldar Education is currently seeking an IT & DT Teacher to join Al Ghad Charter School, Abu Dhabi commencing January 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
To deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Teamwork and collaboration
To be a good communicator at all levels.
Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet requirements of the curriculum.
Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
• Clear understanding of the Curriculum.
• Organizing the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
• Planning, preparing and presenting sessions that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
• Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
• Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
• Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
• Meeting with other professionals such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and educational psychologists, if required.
• Ensure the Teacher and Learner DNA language and attitudes are being embedded throughout the curriculum
• Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
• Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development using Target Tracker.
• Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision and intervention.
• Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent Teacher Conferences and other meetings
• Follow the school’s behaviour policy.
• Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to students’ needs in order to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
• Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioural policy.
• Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour, which are expected of pupils.
• Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
• Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
• To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources and special events linked to that team.
• Support the organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening.
• Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regards to student’s achievements and well-being using school systems/processes such as CPOMS as appropriate.
• Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
• Run a weekly ECA each term.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification
• Minimum 1- 2 years Teaching experience
• Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
• Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
• A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including non-monetary benefits. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.