Teacher of IT
Starting in January 2022
Suitable for NQTs
Ormiston Horizon Academy is a successful and vibrant 11-16 secondary academy (part of the Ormiston Academy Trust) with £23 million pound facilities which are second-to-none. Judged by OFSTED to be a ‘GOOD’ school in March 2018.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in IT. The successful candidate will teach across the age range 11-16, including examination groups. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a qualified teacher to develop their passion for learning and create a positive and inspiring learning environment for our students. This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced IT Teacher looking for a new challenge.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for ECTs or experienced teachers to join a thriving and highly motivated academy (all our ECTs are well supported by an excellent induction and staff CPD programme). In return, you will receive full induction package, fantastic NQT programme (if appropriate) which provides support and guidance to become an outstanding practitioner, CPD opportunities, a laptop, FREE access to our fitness suite, excellent resources and a friendly welcoming team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified teacher status
- The ability to teach KS3 IT and Computing Skills
- The ability to, or experience of teaching BTEC Business and Enterprise, OCR Creative I-Media or Computer Science up to KS4 would be advantageous
- The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills
- An awareness of effective assessment and use of data to track student progress
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
- A passion for the subject and the ability to share this with young people.
The Academy offers exceptionally pleasant working environments with 5 purpose-built computer room facilities. Our Academy site offers a calm and safe place, where staff and students work hard, achieve a great deal and enjoy excellent working relationships.
If you would like to be part of this exciting opportunity and would like to request an informal visit, please contact Nicky James, Operations Manager on:
Tel: 01782 883371
Ormiston Horizon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young children and people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
The post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Ormiston Horizon Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years