Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, set in an attractive 48-acre parkland site in South Croydon enjoying excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast.
We are proud to be able to offer:
• a unique, tailor-made education for boys aged 10-18
• Beautiful and historic parkland site with outstanding facilities
• A record of outstanding academic achievement
• Superb facilities for over 40 sports, an exciting performing arts programme and wide range of co-curricular activities
• Excellent pastoral care.
We are seeking to recruit an academically rigorous, dynamic, creative and flexible Teacher of Japanese, part-time (0.6 over 7 days in a fortnight) from February until June 2017. The successful applicant will be able to teach Japanese up to GCSE. Flexibility, good humour and a willingness to be involved in all areas of school life are among the key qualities we are looking for. Experience of a second language would be an advantage but is not essential. Examination results are excellent in this subject and applicants will:
• have excellent subject knowledge
• have the skills to promote a collaborative learning culture to maintain high standards
• be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
• have excellent planning and preparation skills
• have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
• be resilient under pressure
• have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Staff will be encouraged to contribute fully to the co-curricular life of the School and this is reflected in the salary offered. A strong commitment to the pastoral and house system is also anticipated. In return we offer a generous salary and benefits package including Teachers’ Pension Scheme (with Life Assurance cover), discounted off-peak membership at our on-site gym (Nuffield Health), Simply Health cash plan and a range of family-friendly benefits.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to attract staff that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
For further information and an online application form, please visit www.whitgift.co.uk/vacancies. For any queries, please telephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8688 9222 or email SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk .
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School (part of the Whitgift Foundation) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Where applicable, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.