Holy Mary British Catholic School started as a Nursery School here in Madrid through the vision of its founders, Marta and María Riva de Aldama. It was opened to cater for parents who wished their children to have a British style education based on Catholic values. It expanded due to great demand from parents, and has continued to provide education as a Primary School. Further pressure from parents has again resulted in the opening of the Secondary School with the first phase of the building opening in 2013. Currently, we are the only British Catholic School in the centre of Madrid with around 450 students enrolled. We are committed member of NABSS, COBIS, CISC and ACADE.
Holy Mary British Catholic School is growing and looking towards the future, with an exciting drive for continued improvement, a creative and inclusive curriculum and fantastic teachers and children. We are a highly motivated school with a warm and friendly atmosphere, looking to recruit outstanding and inspirational class teachers to join our team of hard working and enthusiastic professionals. Suitable candidates should have:
· Preferably at least 2 years UK experience
· EU citizenship
· Qualified Teacher Status (including teaching qualifications recognised by the Spanish ministry of education for primary)
Some years of primary teaching experience of Spanish ciencias sociales and lengua in a Spanish school may be an advantage.
· possess the ability to inspire students
· have excellent interpersonal skills
· be excellent classroom practitioners who are caring, enthusiastic and committed
have high expectations of achievement and behaviour of all children
· have good organizational and administrative skills
· be supportive of our Catholic ethos
· be an effective communicator and team player
· display a commitment to maintaining the caring and supportive ethos of the school
· be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to enjoy a life-style change that accompanies living and working in the beautiful, historic and cosmopolitan city of Madrid.
If you wish to apply please complete the attached application form, a letter of application of no longer two sides of A4 with a currents photograph, including the names, email and phone no. of three referees, one of whom must be your present employer to email@example.com
Final date for applications- Friday 1st June
Holy Mary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring Service.