Languages are highly valued throughout the Federation with Spanish, French and German all taught from Key Stage three through to A level. Alongside a commitment to strong academic outcomes, the team also value providing students with enrichment opportunities. In Year 8 students visit Warsy, there is a Spanish and German exchange in Year 10, whilst A level students enjoy visiting Barcelona and Paris. At GCSE currently over fifty per cent of the cohort study a modern foreign language with numbers increasing at A level.
We welcome applications either from NQTs, who will be well supported by experienced mentors and through our teaching school alliance; or for more experienced candidates where there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion. You will be joining a supportive and talented team of linguists. We are recruiting for a Spanish specialist. The ability to also offer either French or German would be particularly welcomed. For suitably qualified colleagues there may be the opportunity to teach Spanish through to A level at our partner School, Harington.
There are outstanding facilities throughout, with purpose-built classrooms offering excellent teaching resources and access to numerous iPads, laptops and computers. Catmose College and Harington School are part of the Rutland and District Schools’ Federation, both of which have been graded Outstanding by Ofsted.
Teachers are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance.
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects.
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Master’s scheme through our teaching school.
- Primary, secondary and sixth-form teaching opportunities.
- Staff laptops.
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- Flexible working; part-time and a job share considered.
- A broad range of opportunities to engage in extracurricular trips and activities.
- A subsidised restaurant, refectory and orangery.
- Complimentary lunch on staff training days.
- Cycleshare scheme salary sacrifice for bike purchases.
- Free parking.
- Complimentary flu vaccination.
- Holidays outside of the usual term-time pattern, including a two-week autumn break and an early summer.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates looking for a variety of flexible working arrangements including, but not limited to part-time working and a job share.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
For information on visiting our site during the pandemic, please visit our website: http://www.catmosecollege.com/covid/. You may also view the online Catmose College prospectus here: https://www.catmosecollege.com/online-prospectus/
If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact Alex Emmerson, the Team Leader for Modern Foreign Languages, she may be contacted via email: email@example.com.
If you are a forces veteran, we would welcome your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and information are available online at www.rutlandfederation.com or by emailing the College on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date is 12 noon on Thursday 25 February 2021.
You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years