Our vision is to become a beacon of educational excellence, transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Law
Reference Number: SCCG1905
Salary: £23,396—£38,748 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: Midnight on Tuesday 19th March 2019
Interview Date: W.C. 25th March 2019
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE Part time hours will be considered
We require a qualified, enthusiastic and skilled teacher with a proven track record of outstanding academic success and achievements to teach A Level (OCR specification) Law and the ability to teach BTEC Applied Law at Pendleton Sixth Form College. The successful applicant must possess the ability to teach students of mixed abilities, many of whom choose to pursue this subject at university.
We are seeking someone with excellent subject knowledge, who can demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with excellent student achievement. Experience of teaching at A Level is essential and candidates must possess a genuine interest in the subject area. The successful candidate must be student focused, possess a relevant subject degree and have an appropriate postgraduate teaching qualification. The ability to teach Criminology would be an advantage.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reason to Join Us:
- Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A range of developmental & career opportunities
- A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
- Staff Discounts – including and NUS Extra
- Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships & confidential staff counselling via CareFirst
- Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.