Aldar Academies are seeking an outstanding Mathematics Teacher for Al Ghad Charter School commencing School in Abu Dhabi commencing Academic Year 2021-2022.
To be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Ghad Charter School and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Key duties include:
- Delivery of our guaranteed classroom standards
- Planning and teaching Math lessons in line with school planning documents to every class in the school on a weekly basis
- Carrying out the role of a subject leader, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the development and further improvement of the school- where appropriate
- To comply with our agreed policies, and code of conduct
- Assist academy in achieving its overall vision and strategic intentions and to contribute to the achievement of relevant targets as set out in the academy’s improvement plan and self-evaluation form.
- Comply with regulations pertaining to health and safety at work legislation and adhere to school policies relating to safe working practice and equal opportunities regulations.
- Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding Learning and Teaching.
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge
- Maintaining an effective learning environment in accordance with the academy's procedures and encouraging good practice about punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- Assess, Monitor, Record, and Report learning objectives and use them to improve different aspects of teaching.
- Take part in subject or aspects of the academy's work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance.
- Liaise effectively with parents.
- BA or PGCE in Education with minimum of 2 years teaching experience.
- Strong experience teaching the US Curriculum.
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
Aldar Education Charter Schools
United Arab Emirates
- International schools & colleges