Teacher of Mathematics
Permanent, Full time
To commence from 1st September 2019
Salary: BOA Main Scale £24,165 to £35,153
(A recruitment and retention allowance, and/or relocation allowance may be available for outstanding candidates)
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is a high performing 14-19 academy specialising in Creative, Digital and Performing Arts. The academy opened in September 2011 and now has 1043 students (360 at KS4 and 683 at Post 16). BOA is 100% selective, based on aptitude, and is unique in its admissions criteria. Whilst students have talent in their chosen arts subjects, there is a full range of academic ability.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Maths. All KS4 students take maths GCSE and a significant number chose maths as an option at A level.
This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced Maths Teacher. A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to help develop your teaching practice.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
• Qualified teacher status and a degree
• A strong track record as an outstanding teacher of Maths or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT
• A passion for Maths which is evident in their day to day classroom practice
• The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
• Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
• The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development, as a tutor, in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
• An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
• The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
• Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
• An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.To formally apply, you must complete the academy application form together with a letter of application in support of your suitability for the role. This should be no more than 2 sides of A4 and should detail how your knowledge, skills and experience will make you a suitable candidate for the post you are applying for. You should also submit a CV. Completed applications should be sent to Teresa Skeete at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 18th March 2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place w/c Monday 25th March 2019.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Contact: Teresa Skeete
Tel: 0121 359 9345