Secondary School of the Year 2017 – Bolton News
Progress 8 score 0.32
‘This is a good school’ - Ofsted
Do you want to be part of the Sharples’ success story?
Sharples School Multi-Academy Trust is a Group 6, 11-16 mixed comprehensive with 850 pupils on roll, situated in the North of Bolton in pleasant surroundings. The school provides stimulating and innovative opportunities for learning, transforming the aspirations and educational outcomes for all students and the local community. Sharples was judged ‘Good’ at its last inspection in 2013, with areas of outstanding practice.
We are looking to recruit two posts and this is an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic teachers of mathematics to work in our forward-thinking and successful school as we strive to be outstanding in all we do. The posts would be suitable for either NQTs or experienced teachers. Sharples School provides a very successful training programme for NQTs, working closely with local teaching schools. For experienced members of the profession there are many opportunities within the school to add to their existing range of experience and expertise and lead on aspects of teaching and learning. There are opportunities for working with classes across the ability spectrum at both Key Stage 3 and 4 and to work in a pastoral role as a form tutor.
We require candidates who can demonstrate and evidence:-
· excellent communication skills;
· a high level of subject expertise and an in-depth understanding of curriculum pedagogical and assessment issues associated with achieving outstanding results at both key stages;
· excellent teaching and improving student outcomes.
The key areas of responsibility will be:-
· To plan teaching to achieve outstanding progress in students’ learning;
· To set high expectations for students’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well focused teaching and the development of positive and productive relationships;
· To use a variety of teaching methods and resources, which sustain the momentum of students work and keeps all pupils engaged;
· To use assessment information to inform planning and maximise progress;
· To mark and monitor students work providing constructive feedback and setting appropriate targets to maximise progress.
To apply for these posts, download the school application form which should be completed in full and submitted with a letter of application outlining how you meet the requirements of the post. This should be no more than two sides of A4, point 10, and send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 am on Monday 29th January, 2018.
Sharples School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the disclosure and barring service. The school operates the local authority no smoking policy and is a no smoking site.