South Craven School, supported by South Craven Academy Trust since May 2011, is an 11-18 mixed comprehensive school situated in a semi-rural location on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales with easy access to Leeds, Bradford and Greater Manchester. South Craven achieves strong results at both GCSE and A level and has an excellent vocational programme.
Learning is placed firmly at the heart of the South Craven School community. We recognise that education is the most important experience of a child's life and our main priority is to develop and stimulate an enthusiasm for, and a commitment to learning.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Mathematics Faculty for an enthusiastic, talented teacher to join the team as a Teacher of Mathematics and work to support the faculty leadership team. The faculty is a vibrant and highly successful faculty.
The successful candidate will join the team in September 2018.
The main duties and responsibilities of this post include:
• Teaching all aspects of Mathematics
• To become a member of the faculty leadership team in a role that will be negotiated according to the strengths of the successful candidate.
• Developing and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum
• Using appropriate teaching and classroom strategies to motivate students and enable their progress
• Contributing actively to the policies and aspirations of the school.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• An ability to teach Mathematics across all key stages
• The potential to be an outstanding teacher
• Knowledge and understanding of the curriculum and pedagogy
• Personal ambition and the capacity for hard work
Please apply by letter enclosing a full CV.
For further information please contact Paula Read at Hays Education on 0113 2003710 or email email@example.com
The closing date for applications to be returned is Friday 18 May 2018, interviews to be confirmed. .
South Craven School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments made are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks.