We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Mathematics to join our very successful and vibrant department from September 2017. We are an Ofsted Outstanding rated school with our own Teaching School status. Swavesey achieved ‘Outstanding’ in every category in its latest Ofsted report in March 2011.
We have a strong track record of pupils achieving outstanding results; we are consistently well above the National Average for English and Maths and our Progress measures are significantly positive. In 2016 Mathematics achieved 81% A* - C, and 27% A* - A. This year 30% of pupils achieved the A* or A grades in 5 or more subjects and 54% achieved the English Baccalaureate.
We can offer an experienced, supportive Mathematics team of 13 staff. Also as a department we are keen to embrace new practices for teaching Mathematics, and can offer 13 specialist teaching rooms with electronic whiteboards and a dedicated Maths ICT suite. We run a range of extra-curricular events, challenges and trips linked with local STEM centres. The department is a strategic partner of the Cambridge Maths Hub, working with the hub to offer CPD for maths teachers throughout the county and beyond.
Swavesey Village College enjoys a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation. This reflects:
- A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion;
- A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well-rounded individuals;
- A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported;
- Well-motivated and engaged students;
- Ambitious, dedicated and professional staff - teaching and support staff;
- A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression and partnership working, as part of our Teaching School status and within our family of schools (CMAT).
Swavesey is committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff. We have a very supportive induction and CPD programme for new staff and NQTs, and can provide many development opportunities within our Teaching School Alliance (www.camteach.org.uk).
For the right NQT this includes:
- a reduced timetable for the first year, with three additional non-contact hours per week
- a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including:
- timetabled mentor meetings
- regular calendared NQT team meetings
- access to our exceptional Teaching School CPD programme
- support for staff who wish to pursue a Masters in Education in their second year with us.
NQTs will also be offered the opportunity to do paid work in July in order to ensure they have the most positive start to their career.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Monday 12 December 2016.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15 December.
Please contact Claire Newman Personnel Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01954 234461 for additional information.
To apply you need to sign in to our eTeach recruitment portal and apply for the role. All details are on our website under Contact us/Vacancies.
We are unable to accept CVs.