St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 663 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level. The school is recognised for its academic rigour, its excellent discipline and its caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A-Level programme.
We invite applications from fully qualified and suitably experienced teachers for the following post:
Teacher of Mathematics to start in January 2019.
The successful candidate must have:
- 3 - 5 years of experience in teaching Mathematics across Key Stages 3 - 5. Candidates should specify particular areas of strength/experience in teaching A Level Mathematics.
- A good track record of examination results at I/GCSE and A Level in recent years.
- Have a recognised degree in their subject from an accredited university as well and a PGCE or QTS.
- Have an excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
- Be committed to Christ-centered values and beliefs.
- Model good practice in the classroom.
- Have a secure knowledge and understanding of good practice in teaching, learning and the effective use of assessment to improve learning.
- Lead and/or be involved in a wide range of school related extra-curricular activities.
Salary range CI$41,714 - CI$50,366 per annum. Other benefits include medical insurance, contribution to a pension plan, relocation allowance and airfare and one free school place for the child of an employee. Contracts are for two years initially and may be renewed annually by mutual agreement.
As a Catholic school, we strongly encourage committed Catholics to apply but we also welcome applications from non-Catholics. However, we expect all applicants to fully support the religious ethos of the school.
Interested applicants must complete the teacher application form in full, which can be found on our website http://www.st-ignatius.com/index.php/about-st-ignatius-catholic-school/job-openings and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not accept any other form of application. Interviews will be conducted over Skype.
Deadline for receipt of applications: October 18th, 2018.
ST. IGNATIUS CATHOLIC SCHOOL
599 Walkers Road
P.O. Box 2638
Grand Cayman KY1-1102
Tel: (345) 949 9250