Wilmslow High School
Wilmslow, SK9 1LZ
School age range: 11-18
Number on roll: approx. 2,000 (including 500 sixth form) (11 - 18)
Salary range: Main Pay Range (£23,720 to £34,664)
Start date: 1st September 2019
Teacher of Mathematics
(Permanent, Main Pay Range)
Wilmslow High School is seeking to appoint Qualified (QTS) Teacher of Mathematics. The successful candidate will teach Mathematics across all levels including A-Level. The candidate will believe that every child is most likely to achieve their full potential when challenged in a high-expectation learning environment.
The successful candidate will have:
• A high degree of subject competency and personal organization with a continuing
personal interest in and commitment to mathematics.
• The flair and ambition to motivate students of all abilities and develop the profile of mathematics within the school and wider community
• Effective and appropriate student management with high expectations evident in all lessons.
• The ability to work as a member of a team and to contribute to that team in a creative and purposeful manner.
• A good attendance record and the stamina required to cope with the demands of the post
Young people only get one chance at education; therefore, at Wilmslow High School we are committed to the pursuit of excellence for every student, every day. We do this through our dedication to learning, by being guided by values and in striving to serve.
We endeavour to preserve a happy and caring environment that is rooted in our core values, and in which staff and students can flourish, whilst challenging ourselves to pursue excellence for all our students. The school is set in extensive grounds, ideally positioned between the thriving city of Manchester and the open countryside of the Peak District.
Closing date: Monday, 20th May 2019 at noon
Interview date: Thursday, 23rd May 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application packs are available on line at www.wilmslowhigh.com/vacancies or www.tes.com