Teacher of Mathematics
(possible Leadership role)
Our opportunity for you
We have a job vacancy for Teacher of Mathematics with a possible Leadership role for the right candidate.
Do you want to work with inquisitive students and collaborative staff? Do you value being at the heart of a vibrant city? Does this sound like your perfect job?
Then Landau Forte College Derby is the place for you.
- Contract: Full time / Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary: Competitive – discuss with Principal
- Closing Date: 25 October 2017
- Interviews: W/C 30 October 2017
Introduction to the Department
- We are able to offer an exceptional opportunity to an outstanding teacher to be part of our successful Mathematics Team. The Mathematics team currently consists of 9 tutors, some of whom hold positions of responsibility across the Key Stages, a Learning Leader and a Director of Learning, responsible for the strategic management of the Mathematics and ICT teams.
- There will be the opportunity of a Leadership role for the right candidate.
- Mathematics is extremely well taught across all Key Stages including Post 16 education with students reaching high levels of attainment and achievement.
- The College is a first class learning environment with excellent facilities and equipment. The Mathematics learning area is equipped to office environment standards with access to a substantial number of PCs and Digital Projectors. (The College has a network which is both hard wired and wireless).
Duties of role will include:
Plan and deliver high quality teaching and learning which:
- Develops the whole learner, including Mathematic skills of enquiry and curiosity; is engaging, appropriately challenging and relevant.
- Meets the needs of all learners, taking into account the individual requirements of each student.
- Fulfils the demands of the relevant specifications, tutor guides and college ethos.
- Makes a positive impact on student attainment and achievement.
Work with other staff in contributing to student learning including:
- Supporting students outside their timetabled learning sessions through support clinics and tutorials.
- Enhancing students’ experience of Mathematics through involvement in enrichment and extension activities.
- Actively participating in and contributing to Mathematics team meetings.
- Working with other staff to enhance the curriculum, innovate new ideas to improve student outcomes and provide wider enriching experiences for students.
Assessment and Reporting:
- Provide students with regular, incisive feedback in response to their written work.
- Ensure that marking, recording and reporting are in line with college policies.
- Ensure that appropriately challenging targets are set and used with all students, and that these targets are reviewed regularly with respect to attainment and achievement.
- Be able to accurately assess each learning groups’ levels of attainment against student targets and national benchmarks
Fulfil wider professional responsibilities including:
- Set and maintain high standards, expectations and aspirations for both staff and students, ensuring they are treated with dignity and respect and that they receive appropriate guidance, support and recognition.
- Maintain a safe and well-ordered learning environment, safeguarding students’ health and safety, managing behaviour effectively and rewarding success appropriately.
- Actively seek opportunities for professional development to further enhance pedagogy and practice, and keep up to date with curriculum and qualification changes.
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Landau Forte College Derby
We are a highly successful and heavily oversubscribed 11 – 19 College with a strong record of success across all aspects of its work. In May 2014 we were accredited as a School Centre for Teacher Training by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. In February 2015 we were designated as a Teaching School and the College is a local, regional and national hub for professional development.
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post