JOB TITLE: Teacher of Mathematics
Grade and Salary: MPS/UPS
Working pattern: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Location: Springwell Community College
Springwell Community College is a mixed 11-16 comprehensive aspiring to transform the lives of the young people in our community, supporting them to achieve their full potential and inspiring them to succeed. We pride ourselves on the positive relationship we have between staff, students and parents which results in academic achievement and exceptional personal development.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Maths Faculty at Springwell Community College as a full time Maths Teacher. This role will be responsible for inspiring students through your passion for teaching and for driving and maintaining a high standard of results.
The successful candidate will be a mathematics specialist, able to teach securely up to GCSE level and will be able demonstrate an ability to motivate, enthuse and challenge students to produce the highest quality work and learn well. The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated teachers in an improving, well resourced faculty.
The post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher with excellent subject knowledge, a willingness to learn and a passion for teaching.
Why join us:
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Midday on 15 January 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure, two references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
Springwell Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years