Teacher of Mathematics
Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
Full Time Permanent
Required for September 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy (Tait Avenue, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1HH) for an inspirational and talented Teacher of Mathematics to work with an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Mathematics who will support the department to continue to achieve excellent outcomes for our students. We are looking for the right candidate who will possess the key knowledge, attributes and skills to deliver engaging and informative lessons that motivate and enthuse the students at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy to invest in their learning.
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy already has a strong team of professionals delivering high quality learning day in, day out who work together to achieve our Academy vision ‘to deliver exceptional learning experiences that enable all young people to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and fulfilling lives’. If you feel you would like to be a part of that team and could make a valuable contribution to driving standards and performance to the next level, we would like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate will:
Embody the key drivers of the Academy, including:
- The Highest Standards. The mathematics department at STWA is the most improved mathematics department in Doncaster and we have the highest standards for both staff and students.
- Invest to Achieve. The department invests in all staff with our two lead practitioners who are both local leaders of mathematics education. We tailor our support to everyone irrespective of career stage.
- Cultivate your Character. The department is outward facing and supports other departments in the locality. We have a vision to be a beacon of excellence and to support other departments to do the same. We are looking for a candidate who shares this vision.
In return we offer:
- An excellent programme of professional learning and support that is second to none.
- An opportunity to shape strategy within an already successful department.
- Mentoring and support from an experienced team.
Applicants should submit the application form and a letter of application, detailing how their skills and achievements thus far prepare them for the role. Letters should be a maximum of 2 sides of A4, addressed to Yvonne Bootman (Associate Principal) and submitted to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Monday 24th May 2021 at 9:00 am
Interviews: Week commencing 24th May 2021
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years