This is an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of Mathematics to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
Who we are:
Ashcombe is highly sought-after, with very high levels of interest for September 2021. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In our 2020 ‘Investors in People’ Report, our staff said:
“It is a great place to work, and I can see all the things that are happening – it’s all positive”
What we offer:
• The Maths department is lively, well managed and successful. It is well resourced, with a suite of 33 networked PCs
• A supportive climate in which there is much cooperation, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
• Courses run for both GCSE and A-Level students
• Opportunity to teach both Further Mathematics and Mechanics & Statistics at A-Level
• An excellent NQT programme – with salary backdated to 1st August
• Regular professional development opportunities
• Day nursery on site with preferential rates for staff
• On-site parking
• Close to A25, M25 and local train stations
What we’re looking for:
• A person who is passionate about Mathematics and will encourage our students to learn from their enthusiasm
• An ability to deliver the curriculum to a high standard
• An open minded approach to expanding and encouraging knowledge growth in students of all abilities
• We are seeking someone with the commitment and enthusiasm to be part of a lively, well managed and successful team
What Ofsted say:
"Mathematics is a strength of the school." Going on to say, "Mathematics is taught very well in the school. Students apply mathematical skills adeptly in a range of other subjects.”
How to apply:
Click the ‘Quick apply’ button below to complete an application form.
Applications must be submitted by 25th February 2021. Please note we may interview as applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date. Interviews are likely to be via Zoom.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well in your future career.
The Ashcombe School,
Ashcombe Road, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1LY
Tel: 01306 886312
The Ashcombe School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years