Rosebery School is looking to appoint a Maths Teacher for September 2019 (Easter 2019 also considered)
The successful candidate will:
• Teach within one or more Departments, following the school’s Teaching and Learning Policy and Department schemes of work, enthusing students and enabling them to make good progress;
• Prepare students adequately for public exams;
• Implement Department and school policies consistently, promoting the ethos of the school;
• Attend Department meetings and contribute to reviews, planning and new initiatives;
• Integrate numeracy, literacy and ICT into teaching;
• Work towards maintaining and further developing a high standard of work in the specific subject(s)
• Keep records of students’ progress and write reports to parents/colleagues as required
• Keep abreast of developments in the subject specialism(s) and participate in staff development activities including INSET;
• Be a form tutor, monitoring progress of students in the form and, as a member of a Year Team, to plan and review policies, procedures and activities for the Year Group;
• Be a point of contact for parents and others and to attend parents’ evenings;
• Promote and support students’ achievements;
• Promote the development of self-discipline, confidence and self-worth in students.
For the right candidate we offer:
• An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
• Development through CPD and career management.
• Recognition for your hard work and commitment.
• Teachers pension scheme.
• Excellent long-term prospects.
Applications will be considered as they are received. GLF Schools reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a high level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate their commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in line with the school's policies and procedures. A satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.