The Falkland Islands Community School is a comprehensive school that provides secondary level education for all students (200) aged 11-16 in the Falkland Islands. It is our aim that all students are supported to reach their potential and leave as happy, curious and well-rounded individuals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications they need for the next stage in their lives. Our students are at the centre of all that we do as a school.
Our school is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and experienced Teacher of Mathematics to start in September 2021. The successful applicant will join a well-resourced school with a supportive staff team, small class sizes and students who are keen to learn. The Maths department is well equipped and resourced, you will work with two other Mathematics teachers in a curriculum team to ensure all learners have opportunities to reach their full potential.
The improvement in standards at the school has been dramatic over the last 18 months. There is a strong focus on developing staff, with much CPD focused on teaching and learning, alongside clear rationales for the curriculum and reporting. The KS3 curriculum has been developed and reviewed. The school has achieved a positive Progress 8 score for the last three years.
We are seeking to recruit a Teacher of Mathematics who:
• is a graduate teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (recognisable in UK) who has completed the statutory induction year as an NQT and has 2 or more years post NQT successful experience teaching Mathematics at a good or better standard, including GCSE.
• is focused on teaching and learning, helping students achieve high levels of progress in a positive and effective learning environment.
• can work effectively with colleagues in the Primary section to ensure smooth transition of students.
• is able to manage support staff to ensure students receive the support they require.
• is able to contribute to the development of PSHE, pastoral life and extra curriculum opportunities.
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with enthusiastic children who are keen to learn
• Salary up to £40,502
• Eligibility for a 25% gratuity payable upon satisfactory completion of the contract
• Favourable income tax rates
• Airfare for post holder and dependants at the beginning and end of contract, as well as return airfares after every full year of the contract
• Relocation grant
• accommodation to rent
• free education locally for dependent children to GCSE level and possible allowance for overseas studies thereafter
• fixed term contract of either 2, 3 or 4 years in the first instance
• detailed information about life in the Falkland Islands
• a unique and beautiful environment to live and work
School Website: https://www.secondary.ac.fk/
Applicants can download an application form, job description and further information from this page.
More details about an interview task and opportunity to share video clips of teaching practice will be provided to shortlisted teachers.
For more information please contact Megan Edwards, Human Resources Department, Cable Cottage, Stanley, Falkland Islands, FIQQ 1ZZ; E-mail: email@example.com Tel: 00 500 27420 or Fax: 00 500 27212 stating the post you are interested in.
The closing date for this position is Monday 31st May 2021.
Falkland Islands Community School (FICS)
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
The Falkland Islands are a unique and dramatically beautiful environment set in the South Atlantic Ocean. Great value is placed on education by Government, parents, students and the community as a whole. Primary and secondary education follows ...