Salary: £160-£80 per day DOE
Contract Type: Temporary
Location: Swiss Cottage, London Borough of Camden, NW3 3AQ
Start Date: As soon as possible, depending on notice period
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding” OFSTED 2016
Are you an ambitious and enthusiastic teacher with great motivational qualities? Would you be interested in a flexible long term contract that offers unique links to UCL and an innovative connected curriculum with autonomy over developing your own lessons? If yes, we encourage you to apply for the position of Teacher of Mathematics at the state-of-the-art UCL Academy.
Please be aware that two positions are available and the successful candidate has the opportunity to be employed directly with the Academy rather than a recruitment agency, allowing you to take full advantage of all the benefits and supports the Academy has to offer (see below for details). This position offers flexibility with a day to day contract and it is a medium to long term contract until May 2021 in the first instance. Experience of teaching Maths at KS3 and KS4 is essential. The post is available immediately.
Teaching Mathematics at UCL Academy, we plan and teach a curriculum which is both inspiring and engaging and includes creative ideas, lively activities and enriching activities. We have a mathematics team that is second to none; supportive, proactive and dedicated to ensuring that every child at UCL Academy is able to flourish and grow. We organise trips away and are involved in research projects in Romania and Sweden as well as competing in competitive maths challenges throughout London.
The candidate's key responsibilities will be:
• Teaching, marking and planning Maths lessons for your assigned classes;
• Undertaking the rewarding role of a form tutor, with support from the Level Lead and other form tutors;
• Leading on day to day effective practices and systems to ensure consistency across the department;
• Setting appropriately challenging target for raising achievement amongst students in Maths;
• Develop an understanding of learning needs and the importance of raising achievement amongst students in the department;
• To create an innovative and creative teaching and learning strategies.
• State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration; theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics;
• Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
• A whole school wellbeing strategy;
• An exclusive partnership with UCL where staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources;
• Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
• A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide;
• An Employee Assistance Programme which includes confidential counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
• Cycle to Work scheme with ample space for bike storage and Season Ticket Loans.
How To Apply
To apply please complete and submit a detailed application form, through the link provided. Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy. We are currently not accepting applications via agencies. We may ask for a recorded online learning lesson (or other selected tasks) to be provided as part of the interview process if available due to Covid-19 restrictions.
We may interview candidates ahead of the closing date so early application is advised. The Academy reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertised closing date. The advert may be closed at any time.
Closing Date: Friday 16 April at 12pm
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
The UCL Academy, Camden
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The UCL Academy is sponsored by UCL, a world-class, multifaculty, research-led university. UCL's vision is an innovative Academy for pupils aged 11 to 18. We are a comprehensive, co-educational, non-denominational, fully inclusive and an active membe...