New opportunities at Fowey River Academy
Teacher of Mathematics
Start date: September 2018
We are looking for an inspirational teacher of Mathematics. This will be someone who wants to make a difference to the life chances of our students and someone who is absolutely committed to achieving ‘buy in’ to their subject. We seek a talented teacher who knows how to make Maths relevant and fun. We need someone who can encourage and reward perseverance and deliver great results. An ability to also teach ICT/computer science would also be of interest to us.
In return we offer the following benefits:
- a recruitment/retention package for suitable candidates
- as a new member of staff, you will receive extra ring-fenced time in your first year to learn new skills and pedagogical approaches which you can then apply or, in the case of Lead Practitioners/ SLEs, time for you to coach and develop others.
- you will be allocated a professional mentor who will be dedicated to inducting you and then helping you grow. They will assist you to build a portfolio with career progression in mind. When you are ready, you will have opportunities to lead projects on pedagogy, curriculum design and innovation.
- you will have free access to the academy's Sports Hub, fitness suite, classes and programmes.
- you will receive a MacBook Pro and an iPad to help you plan your lessons and develop and deliver professional resources and presentations.
For further information and to apply please download the relevant application pack from our website: www.foweyriveracademy.org.uk or our Trust’s website: ALAT (Adventure learning Academies Trust) www.alat.org.uk. Please note CVs will not be accepted.
If you require an alternative format, you can contact Ali Honey email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 23rd April 2018. Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than advertised should the position be filled or we receive a high volume of applications.
Fowey River Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to satisfactory receipt of all statutory requirements in line with safer recruitment, inclusive of an enhanced DBS check.