Required for September 2018 start, an exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic teacher that has the desire to share their love of Maths with our students.
The Maths department at Leventhorpe has a friendly and supportive team of specialist teachers, with a well-established and approachable Head of Faculty. We pride ourselves on providing opportunities for professional development and all of our faculty Inset time is focused on teaching and learning.
Leventhorpe itself is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. In June 2012, we were awarded National Support School status and we are also an accredited Teaching School, jointly leading the local Teaching School Alliance. This facilitates outstanding career development opportunities as many of our staff have the opportunity to take part in school to school outreach and partnership work.
This post can be moulded to suit a NQT or an experienced practitioner. There is scope for the right candidate to focus on supporting lower-school maths and struggling pupils, or to work across the full age and ability range. We have good links with local primaries (including regular visits from Year 6 pupils), strong and improving GCSE results and high uptake of Core Maths, Maths and Further Maths at Key Stage 5.
It is a great opportunity to join a dedicated and successful team.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for the teaching and learning of Mathematics;
- have excellent subject knowledge;
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school;
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students;
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return, Leventhorpe can provide:
- excellent facilities. In recent years, Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, and £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll, a further £7M investment is planned to include a new state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand-new science and sixth form block;
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards. We place strong emphasis on student learning and achievement;
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students;
- first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our National Support School status and Teaching School work;
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership;
- priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period.
Please apply to The HR Manager by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Applications can be sent by post, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12.00 noon, Thursday 25th January 2018.
Interview date: Friday 2nd February 2018.
Applications will also be considered for the School Direct Training Programme (salaried). This is an employment-based route for high quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience who do not hold a teaching qualification but to whom we could offer training.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.