Required for September 2021 start, an exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic teacher that has the desire to share their love of Maths with our students.
This post can be moulded to suit an NQT or an experienced practitioner. For a more experienced teacher who is ready to take on further responsibility, the role could include the opportunity to manage a Key stage for which the appropriate level TLR would be paid.
Ideally the right candidate would be able to teach across all Key Stages, but this is not essential. We have good links with Primary Schools, strong and improving GCSE results and high uptake for Core Maths, A Level Maths and Further Maths at Key Stage 5. The Maths Faculty has a friendly and supportive team of specialist teachers, with an approachable and dedicated Head of Faculty.
At Leventhorpe, we pride ourselves on providing opportunities for professional development and all our faculty Inset time is focused on teaching and learning.
We are a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. We are also the lead school for School Centred Initial Teacher Training (BSET) within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated and successful team, within a supportive and collaborative school
The successful candidate will:
• have a passion for the teaching and learning of Mathematics
• have excellent subject knowledge
• be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
• have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
• be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
• a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards, which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
• exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
• first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our work with the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET)
• subsidised Nuffield Health gym membership
• excellent facilities.
In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including a £6 million Sports Complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities and £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7M investment has been secured to build a new state of the art Performing Arts and English block (opened February 2020) alongside a brand new Science and Sixth Form block which is currently under construction and due to open in September 2021.
• priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
We would welcome applications from NQTs or experienced teachers.
Please apply by letter and application form which can be found on our website www.leventhorpe.net.
Applications should be sent to Mrs Wendy Shannon, HR Manager, via email to email@example.com.
Closing date: Noon on Monday 1st March.
During this unusual time, interviews will take place via Zoom meetings.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years