The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, authorised to offer the IB Middle Years Programme (IGCSE equivalent) and IB Diploma Programme (A Level equivalent). We are based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
We are focused on facilitating a meaningful education which is based on high achievement and inquiry based learning. The school consists of small classes, (maximum 14); our IB programmes provide each student with opportunities to explore, inquire and develop confidence, as well as equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and understanding necessary for the 21st century.
We are in an exciting phase in our development with plans for a large purpose built, three form entry, school in Chalfont St Peter well underway. The school is part of the Alpha Schools Group, which is led by educationalists and whose owner is a former Headmaster. We are part of a network of premium schools offering best practice and professional development opportunities for teachers.
We are seeking a Mathematics Teacher; initially part time with flexibility on days, rising to full time next year.
There is potential for this role to become full-time from September 2019, please indicate your preference for part-time in your application.
- To be in possession of a university degree in Mathematics, an appropriate teaching qualification and a passion for your subject.
- You must have experience (or capable of) teaching to up to A Level and/or IBDP in your subject.
- To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
- To use positive classroom management of behaviour to allow pupils to feel safe and secure and promote their self-esteem.
- To be a role-model to pupils through your personal presentation and professional conduct.
- NB: Experience of teaching the IB MYP or DP would be desirable, although it is not essential as IB training will be offered by the school.
- A willingness to play a full roll in the extra-curricular life of the school.
For further information about The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School, please see our website: http://www.thechalfontsgrammar.co.uk/
The Chalfonts Independent Grammar School is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect staff to share this commitment.