Ivanhoe Grammar School is a co-educational independent school with campuses in Ivanhoe, Doreen and Macleod.
A central philosophy of the School is to develop and educate people of character and this philosophy extends beyond the classroom; learning is an important aspect of life and we honour this not only as educators but as an organisation. Staff are encouraged to pursue their interests through personal development and extended learning opportunities and are supported to do and be their best.
We believe that school is defined by its people and at the heart of Ivanhoe Grammar School is a commitment to appointing great people at all levels of employment.
About the role
The School is actively seeking a full-time ongoing Teacher of Mathematics for our Ivanhoe Campus. The role is responsible for directing the work of students to promote learning in Mathematics and an Inquiry based Entrepreneurial Unit to maximise their individual growth in a challenging and caring environment.
This role requires the essential knowledge and expertise in Mathematics together with teaching excellence. There is a focus on collaboration, innovation, and the ability to foster creativity, independent thinking and deep learning through varied pedagogical approaches. To succeed at Ivanhoe our teachers possess the ability to:
- Plan and teach using a project-based approach
- Facilitate and design effective group work
- Work closely with groups of teachers to create flexible student groupings that maximise learning opportunities
- Demonstrate excellence and adopt a proactive, innovative approach to adapting instruction and lessons based on individual student needs
- Scaffold instructional activities that facilitate engaging and appropriate learning opportunities
- Provide opportunities for student engagement through Voice and Choice
- Create relevant and authentic learning experiences
- Showcase student work as part of the learning process
- Be an effective classroom manager (Responsive Classroom, Positive Discipline, Care and Logic)
- Work collaboratively in various teams to develop a dynamic learning environment
- Highly competitive above award rate salary
- On-site cafe
- On-site car parking
- Employee Assistance Program
Please visit our website for the position description and to apply. Only applications using the online application form will be accepted. Applications will close on 31st May 2021, interviews will take place throughout this process.
Ivanhoe Grammar School