Conveniently located just off the M1 at Wakefield, near to the M62, we are seeking to recruit an outstanding teacher with the skills, expertise and passion to help enthuse our young people to achieve a high standard in Mathematics. Whatever your stage of career, you will be an inspirational practitioner able to make a significant contribution to raising expectations and standards through dynamic teaching and learning across KS3 and KS4.
The ideal Candidate will:-
· Have a natural passion and enthusiasm for Mathematics with an ability or proven track record of raising attainment in Mathematics;
· Understand data and how it can be used to inform planning and intervention by tracking progress;
· Be keen to ensure the learning needs of disadvantaged groups are catered for;
· Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young people;
· Be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Horbury Academy;
· Have great references and appraisal documentation demonstrating they are a good classroom practitioner.
Horbury Academy has:-
· Ambitious, eager to learn students who have the benefit of both an innovative curriculum and extra curriculum programme;
· Membership of PiXL, and is keen to network and take risks with new ideas and strategies;
· A safe, caring environment where respect and consideration is taught, established and valued by all;
· Warm, dedicated and well trained staff who are committed to doing their best for students every single day;
· A number of benefits to offer including a fantastic internal CPD programme, free parking, vibrant, multi-million pound state of the art facilities that foster excellence in teaching and learning, and a great village location easily accessible from the motorway.
A warm welcome awaits all prospective candidates on Friday 13th October from 3pm to 4.30pm, you must call the Academy to book your appointment. This is your opportunity for you to meet the Head, our lovely Maths staff and find out more about the Academy as an employer.
Closing Date is Monday 16th October at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 18th October 2017
Please note CV’s will not be accepted, application forms can be found on our jobs page.
Horbury Academy is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
It is an exciting time for Horbury Academy a founding member of the Accord MAT, working in equal partnership with Horbury Primary, Middlestown Junior and Infants and Ossett Academy.